Call me crazy but I love meeting Disney characters at the park. After my first trip to WDW I was a little mad at myself that I only made time to meet a few characters. The worst was that I managed to miss meeting Mickey, like how does that even happen??
Well I made up for that when I hit up WDW for Spring 2018 Dapper Day. In fact, outside of a few must-hit rides, made sure to leave time in my schedule to a few characters. And yes that included Mickey Mouse.
Pooh and Tigger
Winnie the Pooh is one of my all time FAVORITE Disney characters, so I was a little bummed that I couldn’t snag a Fast Pass to their Meet & Greet (M&G). BUT…I managed to swing by The Hundred Acre Woods when the standby time was decent aka under an hour. I think overall I waited around 35 mins to meet both Pooh Bear and Tigger. I’m not gonna lie, I almost cried at this one.
Meeting Stitch was not on the agenda for my WDW day, but only because I didn’t know he had a M&G. While trying to locate the People Mover ride, I stumbled across the Stitch M&G in what used to be the Stitch’s Great Escape ride. Clearly no one else knew about it either as it only had a 10-min standby time. I mean how could I not swing in and get a hug from stitch??
TALKING Mickey Mouse
Now I had a Fast Pass for my M&G with Mickey Mouse. What I didn’t know was that I would be meeting a talking Mickey!! Now I don’t know what Disney Magic they use for this M&G, but the fact that I a semi-conversation with Mickey…AMAZING.
Tips for Meeting Characters:
- Hit up the Town Square area in the morning. There are LOTS of characters doing M&G’s there like Pluto, Chip and Dale, and a few others.
- The lines move fast. Don’t be scared away from a huge line, they move pretty fast. The line for Pooh and Tigger looked really long but in the it was around 35-mins.
- Use the My Disney Experience App. The app will list out current wait times and scheduled M&G times. This was actually how I meet Gaston during my first WDW trip. Using the app I found the time and was able to be like 4th in line.
- Interact! Even if they cannot talk back to you, the chapters will interact with you as much as they can. It is seriously so much fun.
- FAST PASS! Yes, you can use Fast Pass on some of the more popular Characters i.e. Mickey Mouse. These are sometimes great for later in the day. If there aren’t any ride Fast Passes left, check to see which Characters are still meeting.
- Invest in Disney PhotoPass. Not having to worry about handing your phone/camera off or the picture being blurry is great. This is especially handy if you visiting the parks by yourself.
Who are some of your favorite characters to meet in the Disney Parks? Let us know if the comments below.